Welcome to McLaren Vale Bowling Sports and Social Club Website.
With the COVID restrictions introduced as of midnight 16/11/20 for at least a two week period, the most immediate impact is there will be no social, pennant bowls or practice until at least 1st December.
Other restrictions remain in place:
• Patrons must be seated when eating and/or drinking inside or directly outside (beer gardens, balconies etc) the club venue itself.
• Food and beverage can be purchased from a service area or similar within the club and then taken to a table. Table service can also be provided;
• Patrons cannot stand or sit and drink at the bar;
• Food and beverage can continue to be purchased by spectators at sporting matches, however while all food and non-alcoholic beverages can be consumed while standing, alcoholic beverages must be consumed while seated;
• 8ball, pool and darts can continue to be played providing all food and drink is consumed while seated
We welcome members, friends and visitors to the area and invite you to join us as soon as you can.
Friday Night Dinners
Subject to the above COVID-19 restrictions, the Club can have up to 70 people, plus staff, for Friday night meals.
Please contact Mike Filippidis on 0474 638 498 to book, and to indicate what your meal selection will be. This assists with catering and minimising any waste.
The bar will be open from 4pm and meals will start from 6pm. At this time, if there are too many people, then those booked for meals will have preference from 6pm on.
Taylor Bowls Super Challenge
Congratulations to the McLaren Vale Taylors Cup Silver South Team who have played their first round and secured their first win for the season.
If you are interested in more detail on the Taylors Cup, contact Chris Adam on 0477 304 076 .
For detailed results, refer to the Taylor Bowls web site.
GSBA Items of Interest
Event Schedule for 2020-2021 Season
Note this may change between now and the start of the season. There is a copy inside the main entrance of the club house.