Welcome to McLaren Vale Bowling Sports and Social Club Website.
Clubs SA has now received the SAPol Commissioner’s latest Direction and from midnight 4th August the following restrictions are in place:
• Patrons must be seated when eating and/or drinking inside or directly outside (beer gardens, balconies etc) the club venue itself.
• Food and beverage can be purchased from a service area or similar within the club and then taken to a table. Table service can also be provided;
• Patrons cannot stand or sit and drink at the bar;
• Food and beverage can continue to be purchased by spectators at sporting matches, however while all food and non-alcoholic beverages can be consumed while standing, alcoholic beverages must be consumed while seated;
• 8ball, pool and darts can continue to be played providing all food and drink is consumed while seated
We welcome members, friends and visitors to the area and invite you to join us as soon as you can.
Friday Night Dinners
Subject to the above COVID-19 restrictions, the Club can have up to 140 people, plus staff, for Friday night meals.
Please contact Mike Filippidis on 0474 638 498 to book, and to indicate what your meal selection will be. This assists with catering and minimising any waste.
The bar will be open from 4pm and meals will start from 6pm. At this time, if there are too many people, then those booked for meals will have preference from 6pm on.
Taylor Bowls Super Challenge
Congratulations to the McLaren Vale Taylors Cup Bronze Team who went through the season undefeated to reach the grand final. Unfortunately, our team were comfortably beaten by a very experienced Edwardstown outfit.
The players can hold their heads up high after a wonderful year and only one defeat right throughout the season.
If you are interested in playing Taylors Cup in the coming season (13 weeks on a Sunday night, commencing 1 November) contact Ray Dienelt on 0413 638 393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further details, refer to the Taylor Bowls web site.
Roll Back the Clock Program
This is a gentle exercise program organised through Bowls Australia, suitable for men and women of all ages. At present we have 13 participants, all ladies, and they are loving the program. There are many benefits of the program and the next block of 8 sessions starts on Tuesday 13 October and is on each Tuesday and Friday at the Club between 10:00am – 11:00am, finishing up on 6 November.
We need more people to be involved. Bring along friends, partners, neighbours, etc. and roll back the clock to your youth. There was no cost for the last program and if there is a cost for the coming program, it is expected it will be very nominal (i.e. $2.50 per session). Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in joining.
GSBA Items of Interest
Event Schedule for 2020-2021 Season
Note this may change between now and the start of the season. There is a copy inside the main entrance of the club house.