McLaren Vale Bowling Club COVID-19 Restrictions
Until further notice, our club is closed for all internal social activity.
All Friday night dinner service suspended.
AGM deferred until further notice.
Social events deferred until further notice.
Casual Roll Ups
Our Club is now open for “roll ups” under the following strict conditions:
- No more than 10 people at the venue at any time
- Social distancing to remain (1.5m between participants)
- No more than 4 people per rink
- Can only use alternate rinks
- Mats and kitties to be disinfected after use before being put away (hand sanitiser and disinfectant will be provided by the Club and will be in the box with the mats and kitties)
- A diary will also be in the box and all bowlers to register their name and the time that they played for each day.
- Signage will also be placed to remind everyone of the conditions of play
Whilst they may sound restrictive, please observe these conditions otherwise the greens will be closed again. Subject to the weather, a green will be available each day for roll ups after 10:00am. If when you arrive there are already a maximum of 10 people at the venue, you will need to wait in your car until the appropriate number of people have left. Please leave once you have finished bowling and be respectful of anyone waiting.
Saturday Open Pennant Finals
After further deliberation, the GSBA has reversed its original decision and awarded pennant winners to the teams in each Division who finished top after the home and away season. This means that McLaren Vale Open Gender Division 1 have been awarded the pennant again this year.
Congratulations to everyone involved. There will be a presentation of pennant badges at a time to be arranged by the GSBA.
GSBA Thursday Division 3 Grand Final
McLaren Vale Gold were winners by 9 shots in the Grand Final against Yankalilla Black on Thursday March 5th. Well done to all the Ladies in the side – a wonderful result. And many thanks to the 30+ supporters who provided great encouragement.
Taylor Bowls Super Challenge
Good news for our Taylor Cup team in their Semi Final win against West Lakes on March 15th.
Still undefeated throughout the year – a great effort by all concerned.
A Grand Final match awaits – likely to occur just before the next competition season starts.
For any further details, refer to the Taylor Bowls web site.
Crushers McLaren Vale Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
The Club’s 2017 wine is available for purchase from the Club.
This is a bargain – a 6-pack for just $90!
Support your club and take a pack home next time you are there.