Welcome to McLaren Vale Bowling Sports and Social Club Website.
Clubs SA has now received the SAPol Commissioner’s latest Direction and from midnight 4th August the following restrictions are in place:
• Patrons must be seated when eating and/or drinking inside or directly outside (beer gardens, balconies etc) the club venue itself.
• Food and beverage can be purchased from a service area or similar within the club and then taken to a table. Table service can also be provided;
• Patrons cannot stand or sit and drink at the bar;
• Food and beverage can continue to be purchased by spectators at sporting matches, however while all food and non-alcoholic beverages can be consumed while standing, alcoholic beverages must be consumed while seated;
• 8ball, pool and darts can continue to be played providing all food and drink is consumed while seated
We welcome members, friends and visitors to the area and invite you to join us as soon as you can.
Club Opening Day Sunday September 27th
Our Club Opening Day and combined presentation of Club Champions is scheduled for Sunday 27 September starting at 12:00pm with a BBQ. We will have the presentation of Club Champions about 12:45 and then an afternoon of bowls commencing at approximately 1:30pm. With the COVID restrictions on shared food there will no requirement to bring a plate and instead we will provide a BBQ.
Friday Night Dinners
Subject to the above COVID-19 restrictions, the Club can have up to 140 people, plus staff, for Friday night meals.
Please contact Mike Filippidis on 0474 638 498 to book, and to indicate what your meal selection will be. This assists with catering and minimising any waste.
The bar will be open from 4pm and meals will start from 6pm. At this time, if there are too many people, then those booked for meals will have preference from 6pm on.
Covid-19 Conditions of Play
Please see attached a copy of the COVID Conditions of Play for pennants this year issued by GSBA.
Our club has made a decision that everyone bring their own water or purchase a bottle for 50 cents from the bar. We are not making the water fountains available, as it is not possible on the day for regular cleaning of the lever.
In addition, we will require the duty rink to disinfect and wipe down the seats as well as disinfect the mats and kitties before and after use. This only requires a quick spray.
Taylor Bowls Super Challenge
Congratulations to the McLaren Vale Taylors Cup Bronze Team who went through the season undefeated to reach the grand final. This was postponed due to COVID and is now scheduled for Sunday 11 October commencing 6:00pm at Adelaide Bowling Club. Please get along to support them.
Also if you are interested in playing Taylors Cup in the coming season (13 weeks on a Sunday night, commencing 1 November) contact Ray Dienelt on 0413 638 393 or email email@example.com
For any further details, refer to the Taylor Bowls web site.
GSBA Items of Interest
Event Schedule for 2020-2021 Season
Note this may change between now and the start of the season. There is a copy inside the main entrance of the club house.